Talk About Travel Insurance
This week we thought we would talk about Travel Insurance. It’s something that most people need (if traveling out of Province or out of Country), but a lot of people don’t purchase.
Travel Insurance can help protect you and your family from unexpected costs due to a medical emergency, and it allows you to customize your protection for unforeseen circumstances such as lost baggage, trip interruption, or trip cancellation.
Whether you are a Canadian Resident, a Visitor to Canada, an International Student, or a Canadian Expatriate, travel insurance can help safeguard you and your family.
As a Broker, we represent numerous different Travel Insurance providers and are able to provide you with competitive rates and coverage specific to your needs.
Below is a list of common features and benefits found in most Hospital and Medical Travel Insurance policies for Canadians:
1. $5,000,000-$10,000,000 in Emergency Hospital and Medical coverage, which includes:
2. 24/7 access to emergency assistance (multi-lingual)
3. All-inclusive plans and multi-trip plans available
4. Assistance with lost or stolen travel documents
Below is a list of some of the most common Optional Plans available:
1. Baggage – Covers the cost to replace lost, stolen or damaged belongings
2. Trip Cancellation & Interruption – Reimbursement of the non-refundable portion of the trip if it is cancelled, interrupted or delayed for a specific reason (as listed in the policy)
3. Air Flight Accident – Covers the loss of life, limb or sight, or disappearance resulting from an aircraft accident
4. Accident Death & Dismemberment Covers the loss of life, limb or sight, or disappearance during your trip (other than while flying)
5. Rental Car Collision Damage – Provides coverage for the physical damage to an automobile rented from a commercial rental car agency (worldwide)
Most Travel Insurance plans provide exclusions for pre-existing medical conditions, and may have a requirement of a specific number of days of stability in order for such conditions to be covered. Medically underwritten plans are also available for those who may have an existing medical condition that may otherwise not be covered.
There are many good reasons why we recommend our clients purchase Travel Insurance when traveling out of Province or out of Country, and to summarize (courtesy of www.today.com), here is a list of the top nine most common ones:
1. Your flight has been cancelled.
2. Your bags are lost and your medication is in it. You need to have an emergency prescription filled.
3. Your passport and wallet are stolen, and you need emergency cash and a replacement passport.
4. You’re involved in an accident and adequate medical treatment is not available. You need medical evacuation.
5. You need to cancel your trip due to illness.
6. Your cruise line, airline or tour operator goes bankrupt. You need your non-refundable expenses covered and to get to your destination.
7. You have a medical emergency in a foreign country.
8. A terrorist incident occurs in the city where you’re planning to visit and you want to cancel your trip.
9. A hurricane forces you to evacuate your resort, hotel or cruise.
And our top 10 reason why we recommend our clients purchase Travel Insurance:
10. It is inexpensive and can save you and your family from unnecessary financial and emotional hardship.
Please give us a call today for your free no-obligation quote on Travel Insurance for your next vacation, or if you are a frequent traveler, for a cost-effective multi-trip plan.
For more information regarding Travel Insurance products, or if you have any questions regarding Travel Insurance, please do not hesitate to contact us and one of our knowledgeable Insurance Brokers would be more than happy to assist you!
The Costen Insurance Team
PS – Traveling soon? Check out the most up to date information on travel advisories, and more at www.voyage.gc.ca.