Farm Insurance


Did you know that Costen Insurance can assist you with all of your Farm Insurance needs? Whether you have a commercial farm, hobby farm, or an acreage, we can tailor an insurance solution to suit your needs!

Commercial Farm

A commercial farm is ran for profit, and includes farming operations such as dairy, livestock, poultry, orchards, and more.

Hobby Farm

A hobby farm is operated on a much smaller scale than a commercial farm, and is ran primarily for pleasure or recreation. A hobby farm is typically less than 50 acres in size.


An acreage is a residence located on a lot consisting of one or more acres, and does not include any farming activities.

What Does Farm Insurance Cover?

  • Dwelling
  • Personal contents
  • Additional buildings, including barns and sheds
  • Specialized outbuildings , including elevators and silos
  • Farm equipment, such as tractors and farm tools
  • Business Interruption
  • Farm Liability
  • and more!

Additional Coverage

A Farm policy is similar to that of a Homeowner’s policy in that it covers your dwelling and personal belongings. Many of the same endorsements are also available with a Farm policy, including:

  • Identity theft
  • Sewer Backup
  • Overland Water
  • Home Based Business
  • and more!

Farm Umbrella

A Farm Umbrella policy is also available to Farm owner’s, with limits up to $5,000,000 available.

Farm Automobile

In addition to insuring your home, farm buildings and operations, we can also provide coverage for your farm automobiles.

For more information on farm insurance or to obtain a quote on your farming operations, please do not hesitate to contact our Office to speak with one of our knowledgeable Insurance Brokers!

Thank you,

The Costen Insurance Team